Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Renegade's Email Peloton

Anyone interested?


thks,
Barry


I won't be flying anywhere for a ride, as long as I'm out of work. But for those who will, and are planning to bring your bikes along on the same plane, here's a primer on flying with your gear.





Ori


When I travel with my bike, I would always ship it ahead.  Door to door, no airport hassles.  Cost to ship to FL was about $40 each way & took 3 days.

David 



Same here. 
Barry


My experience is not so great.  $150 each way to Colorado fedex ground and it took at least a week
Bob.


The key is the size.  The travel case or bike box being + or - 1 inch makes all the difference.  The boxes from eg. Performance and Thule are 1 inch over the Fedex/UPS limit and make it an 'oversized' shipment - thus the $150 charge each way.   The 'Iron Case' for example is 1 inch under the limit and ships for less than half that amount.  


Barry

Wow.  Size matters.
Greg



I clearly did not think through the many uses of the word 'size'.  Please don't hold it against me - the word usage, that is.    
Barry

I am OK with paying more because mine is too big.

Isaac




The size of your equipment isn't as important as how well you use it.

OK. So now you all know.

Ori


No wonder no one else wants to be on our mailing list. 
Bob

I was always socially inept.
Ori

No comments: