Monday, August 31, 2009

Latigo Canyon Road, Malibu

While vacationing in So. Cal., my family visited my wife's cousins in Malibu.  A beautiful, warm sunny day, like every other day I hear, my cousin Russell & Brett, avid riders themselves convinced me to ride the above mentioned ride.  Local legend, (Brett) has it that about 4-5 years ago while riding in the Malibu canyons he came across a rider dressed in black on an umarked Trek.  After trying to chase down the rider, it turned out it was Lance A on a casual training ride.  Turns out, these climbs are used by many of the U.S. based pro teams due to their length & steepness.

So, I figured I'd give it a climb.  This climb in particular was 7.5 miles with many switchbacks & an elevation gain of about 2,000'  Although it may not have been the steepest climb, it was certainly an accomplishment.

1 comment:

David said...

Here's an interesting list of climbs this side of the pond that compare to stages in the TdF. I am seriously considering doing the Mt. Washington Auto Road climb next year.

Copy & paste this link in your browser.

http://outside.away.com/outside/destinations/200707/top-bike-routes.html