Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tobay Sprint Triathlon in Oyster Bay

I did not ride with the NSW today as I did the Tobay Triathlon.
The result was as usual slower than I would have liked. Total Time 1:28:46.

Now the excuses.
I felt very strong in the swim but started in a bad place. As a result I had to fight through a bunch of slow swimmers in my wave until I could bring myself up to speed. I must have lost over a minute due to my poor pre race positioning. By the end of the swim I had the same problem. I had to push my way past swimmers who were fading. I literally had to swim over them in accelerating to the finish.
I felt very good on the bike. Thank you North Shore Wheelmen. I began to lose focus by the last mile or so and that cost me some time.
I currently suck at running. I kills me that I have not been training consistently and I can not run at a speed that I can be happy with. My next race will be at the end of November. I will see if my hamstrings behave.

However, I did feel that I had a good time. I believe I did go faster than last year. When I got home I went to the pool and swam an additional 40 minutes.

Next week I plan to do the one mile open ocean swin in Long Beach with JeffK.

1 comment:

Ori said...

That's the spirit, dude! As long as you're stronger than last year you're doing great.