Thursday, February 11, 2010

2/9/10 - Much Better Conditions

Lucked out with the weather today, with warmer temps, low winds and plenty of sun. Rode 69 miles at a decent pace. I'm getting a head start on my training because I can, and because I know I'm going to get my butt kicked by some of you later on in the season anyway. At least I might still have a slight advantage early on.

I'm glad to report that the cheapo Forté shifters I installed on the Schwinn perform their basic function well enough, even though they're not the greatest by any stretch of the imagination. Yet, at $140 vs. $400 they seem to be a good value, as long as they last. Under normal circumstances I would have invested in Ultegras, but things are different right now.

Conditions permitting, I'm planning to ride this weekend. I'll still be in town until Monday morning. Let me know if you want to join.

No comments: