Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bike and Cruise

I did not ride at all during my vacation to the sunny and warm British Virgin Islands. I had hoped to rent some bikes with my family in a little known island named Anegada, but instead we rented a cute little car from China and motored around for a day to a couple of beaches, a bakery, and an iguana reserve.

But if you should want to make a trip to the Caribbean or even Alaska and want to combine it with riding, check out http://www.bikeandcruise.com/ .

I met someone involved with this in Roadtown, Tortola.  He was on a cruise ship that partners with Bike and Cruise and included cycling at many of their ports of call.  They provide the bikes, sag wagon, etc. The cruise line tries to keep your wife occupied while you cycle.

I liked the Alaska itinerary.  

No comments: