Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday 11/20 - Not with the Wheelmen

I did not think any Wheelmen were riding out of Great Neck today so I rode with Bob and Ori at 8.  We had 4 other riders joining us, Scott, Chris, Gus, and Dave by Wheatley. Some of these are ex-Wheelmen also known as the Renegades. I was  looking for a faster ride also.  Israel has left me with fit legs.


The plan was to take the service road to Commack Road and then to go north and make our way back.  I believe that is what they did.  I had to be back by 11:30 so at Commack Road I just took the service road back.  It was a very strong wind from the west but even without someone to draft behind I was back by 11:30.


54 miles total.  Some very nice rollers along the service road out to Commack. Lonely on the way back. This was a great day for cycling.  Most of us were overdressed. I tried to shed cloths but had no where to put it. Finally I was able to stuff my jacket into my jersey which gave me a pregnant look.


Up next - Thanksgiving morning ride.

No comments: