Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving with the NSW

Even without turkey flavored energy gel Thanksgiving brought out BobL, Ori, DavidS, and Isaac for an NSW renegade event.

I believe it was left at the fourway? We headed towards Bayville but did a duckpond thing that put us on Feeks. Moore's Hill, Snake Hill, and back to Stillwell.
Before Snake Hill we met Scott and Steve.  Triangle guys who rode along with us untill Syosset.

I once read somewhere that you should expect to take some kind of fall off your bike every 2000 miles or so. On Thanksgiving I guess I clocked in my 2000 miles on Stillwell. No broken bones, no broken bike.  I do have a cool black and blue on my chest in the shape of my drops, including the brakes. I rode back to GN at slower than renegade pace.  Ori, David, and yes even BobL waited at various points for me to catch up.  I have a 5k cross country run in Stillwell woods on Sunday near the scene of the crash. I should ride again next week.

Bumpy, campus and home for turkey.

No comments: